by Isabella W.
Here is a day by day account of my thoughts when I think about studying for finals.
Okay, I organized my Google calendar to a level of certain perfection and now I can start. I’m kind of hungry. I’m gonna get some healthy kale or something to fuel my brain. Oh wait, there are cookies. I think a cookie would mentally help me more. Okay, good idea. And I probably shouldn’t study while I eat the cookie because that would be distracting and my teachers will be confused if there are cookie crumbs on my work. Okay, so then I should probably just watch 5 minutes of Netflix as a study break. Yeah, that will be relaxing. Okay, that’s enough. Now, I’ll start. Which final is first? SHOOT. I left my backpack upstairs. Now I will walk upstairs. Bud is sitting on my computer so I can’t type. He’s pretty fat. Bud is my cat, by the way. He’s uber fat, we should probably take him to the vet soon. He’s cute. I want to pet him heheheheheheehe.
Then I repeat this process for about an hour and then I use my patented studying tips to actually be good at things:
- SELF CONTROL. My mom was super excited when I told her I was using Self Control, but then she found out it was an app and was kinda mad I was related to her.
- TURN OFF YOUR PHONE. Throw it under your bed. Put it in the garbage. Hide it in your freezer. Put it in a shoe.
- Get a lil’ snack. Hit up some water. Call forth some strawberries —on a side note, raspberries are an awesome fruit, especially if you put them in a cup with limeade. I’m not kidding—it’s delicious.
- Use some film scores. You study better and you can also act über dramatic while crying over your math final.
- Bathe so people aren’t disgusted by you (I guess that’s kinda a general life thing, but it works.)
- Go to sleep.
- Move to Timbuktu and hide from finals for 86.75 years
(Me studying for finals…no seriously, that’s me.)