By Colin Bock
Summer is almost here, and that only means one thing– I make a list dictating the five best possible tasks that you could do this summer. Without further ado, here’s the list.
- Travel. Get away from home, learn about a different culture. It’s always fun (for me at least) to do something new and to venture away. I advise you to find your home away from home.
- Read Your Summer Reading Assignment. You’re probably going to have loads of free time, and as much as some of us may dislike this task, we must read our summer reading book so as to not be frowned upon every time we enter the library.
- Go Outside. Over the summer, unlike during the school year, you aren’t confined to a room for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Get outside, walk the dog (maybe cat) every once in awhile and get a load of the great fresh air.
- Service Learning. Why not knock out your service hours over the summer when you don’t have academics to pull you down? This is a fool-proof method to snag that diploma.
- Sleep. Who doesn’t want to get more than 4 hours of sleep per night? We never get much sleep during the school year and so why not sleep and think about virtually nothing during the summer?!