By Kennin Martin
As some of you may know, Reggie Fils-Aimé retired as the president of Nintendo of America on April 15. He was the president for 13 years, since 2006, and so I think it is fitting to send him off by talking about his greatest achievements.
- He started at Nintendo in 2003, but was first introduced to the public with his quote during E3 2004: “My name is Reggie. I’m about kickin’ ass, I’m about takin’ names, and we’re about makin’ games”.
- Nintendo was not Reggie’s first job in high management. He had management positions in Proctor and Gamble, Pizza Hut, and Panda Management Co.
- Before he worked at Nintendo, Reggie helped raise 35 million dollars for 9/11 disaster relief.
- He helped bring the focus of the gaming community back to Nintendo, and made the Wii the best selling Nintendo console in history.
- Now that Reggie is no longer at Nintendo, Doug Bowser is the current president for Nintendo of America
If you want to check out Reggie’s twitter account: here is the link: https://twitter.com/reggie